After a quick trip to Michigan for Thanksgiving I came back to New York to finish my school work. Instead I’ve spent most of time watching a new show, Reign. I’m totally hooked and have plowed through the first season and am catching up on the second. Love a good period piece with love triangles and a bit a scandal. Plus, Torrance Coombs is dreamy, completely dreamy.
Somehow, for better or worse, both of my final papers are complete and turned in. It feels like a million pounds have been lifted and I’m free to do all the things I’ve put off for the past six months. Maybe the closet will get cleaned out and I can get to posting at a more regular pace. And best of all I have time to start baking for the holidays.
Since it is December, it should be time for gingerbread and peppermint and sugar and spice and everything nice, but I still have a few more pumpkin recipes to share. Sorry I’m not sorry. This maybe perfect timing considering you could probably find some discount pumpkin spice Hershey kisses in a fall endcap somewhere put aside for all the Christmas goods.
If you find the kisses, buy them! If not, save this recipe for next year because it is full of everything that is wonderful in this world. Brown butter, spice, pumpkin, and chewiness. The blondie part is amazing and the pumpkin spice kiss adds more moisture and flavor. A little bit of fresh nutmeg makes this a perfect cookie/blondie/treat. Pumpkin spice forever!
Pumpkin Spice Blondie Bites
Yield – 24-48 bites
14 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 1/3 cups packed brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoons salt
1 1/3 cups + 1 tablespoon flour
- Add the butter to small saucepan to melt and brown. Remove when the butter has lost all of its yellow tones and there are dark brown bits at the bottom. Move the butter to a large mixing bowl to cool. Be sure to scrape the brown bits into the bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 350 ˚F generously grease mini muffin pans or use mini liners. I would go with the liners!
- Add the sugars to the cooled and browned butter. Mix until all the sugar is moistened. Stir in the eggs and vanilla, mix for several minutes until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the baking powder and salt until completely mixed in. Add the flour and mix until just combined.
- Unwrap all the kisses.
- Here is the real deal, I have two different sized mini muffin tins. For the bigger one I used a two-tablespoon scoop and the for the smaller one a one-tablespoon scoop. You want the ball of dough to almost reach the top. Use your best judgement!
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the tops begin to brown and are just set. Remove from the oven and place a kiss on top. Let cool completely in the pan until the kiss rehardens.
- Remove from the pan and store in air-tight container.