I’m not a fan of this whole Daylight’s Saving Time. One nice things about winter is the ability to hunker down earlier and hide in my apartment. Now that the sun is shining bright at 6 p.m. I feel like I should be outside or at least be productive. All I want to do is stay in and watch TV: a co-worker gave me the first two seasons of Game of Thrones and I can’t stop.
Since October I’ve been reading the book version; I’m half way through the third book. The books are phenomenal, but long; I am very much invested. I wanted to watch the show to see what the characters look like and I’m quite displeased. Everyone kept telling me the show was just like the books – not true! The show has the same plot, but so many minor changes. And so much more sex, everyone is having sex with everyone else. Except for Arya, she’s my favorite! Winter is coming, put your clothes back on.
Between episodes I try to be productive, but that’s not going well. My dishes keep piling up and my floors are filthy, as usual. I also spend plenty of time looking up robot vacuums. Unfortunately I cannot afford one, if anyone wants to help me out and buy me one, that would be greatly appreciated.
There are few things better in this world than a cheesecake bar: a rich chocolate base plus a creamy, flavored topping. The brownie base is rich and chocolatey with a hint of Bailey’s flavor. The cheesecake layer is even better because it is so creamy and even boozier. Obviously, this a perfect dessert for a St. Patrick’s Day party!
Bailey’s Cheesecake Brownies
Adapted from Cozy Country Living
Yield – 24 pieces
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup dark chocolate cocoa
1 3/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 tablespoons Bailey’s
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
2 1/2 tablespoons Bailey’s
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon flour
- Brownie Layer - Preheat the oven to 350 ˚F and grease a 9×13” pan. Line the bottom of the pan with piece of parchment paper. Grease the paper and dust with cocoa powder.
- In a medium saucepan melt the butter. Whisk in the chocolate chips to melt them. Whisk in the cocoa powder and sugars.
- Whisk in the eggs one at a time and then stir in the Bailey’s. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt until just combined.
- Cheesecake Layer - Add all the ingredients to the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment and beat together until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture over the brownies and swirl to combine the layers with a knife.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out almost clean.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack and then refrigerate before cutting into squares.