What I Learned This Week:
- Fri. 11/29 – Shopping with a 15 year old makes me old. And fat. If you want a piece of leftover pumpkin pie, you better eat it fast!
- Sat. 11/30 – It’s quickly noticed that I don’t really fit into my family because I don’t own a bowling ball.
- Sun. 12/1 – The Looney Baker in Livonia, MI probably delivered the BEST doughnut I’ve ever had in my life, seriously!
- Mon. 12/2 – Don’t drop your phone in the toilet, Verizon will do NOTHING to help you.
- Tues. 12/3 – Placing a wet phone in rice really does work! Let’s hope another few hours will fix the phone completely…
- Wed. 12/4 – I’m doing better than I thought I could without a cell phone and am really enjoying sending emails. Maybe I’ll go off the grid and just get a house phone?!?! Or a dumb phone?!?!
- Thurs. 12/5 – I’m going to Costa Rica in 207 days to celebrate my 30th birthday!! WHOO WHOO!! (Also, fighting with Verizon over chat doesn’t help, had to shell out the big bucks for another phone…)
- Fri. 12/6 – Cav parties are the BEST parties. Drop the mic; there is no competition. New Yorkers, especially Brooklynites, are incredibly compassionate and giving.
Around the Internets:
- I need to have a birthday party for my turtles, maybe I’ll make these?
- For Christmas, maybe I’ll give you this + this in a cute mug? Act surprised!
- Homemade bitters? I don’t even know if I’ve had bitters, but I want to start drinking Old Fashions like a boss!
- Kahlua in Oreo truffles? I’m a little disappointed I didn’t think of it myself.
One Year Ago – Candy Cane Truffles