It’s only fitting I make the desserts with the most steps for my roommates. Their lives are not just about eating fresh and delicious treats every week, they also have to deal with all the space devoted to baking supplies and the messy dishes everywhere. And some times they have the vital task of eating all the “ugly” ones. Someone has to make them disappear…
It’s hard work being my roommate, clearly. To reward them, I make Ruth and Andrea decadent treats for their birthdays full of their favorite things. Since I know Andrea has a weakness for all things chocolate + peanut butter, and who doesn’t love a good cheesecake, it’s only fitting that I presented her with these peanut butter cup cheesecakes.
Peanut butter cup cheesecakes are no joke. There is a chocolate cookie crust, a chocolate cheesecake middle, a peanut butter no-bake cheese cake mouse layer, and then several chopped up mini peanut butter cups on top. Overall it is a decadent snack, but the small size keeps it perfectly manageable.
Andrea has been a fantastic addition to our apartment these past eleven months. I would have never imagined we could have found such an awesome lady on Craig’s List. Not only does she have all the desirable roommate qualities like cleanliness, timely payment for shared expenses, and a quiet, courteous demeanor, but she has become a true friend. Navigating NYC can be a difficult task and having around literally around the corner makes life much easier. Plus, you always need a buddy to obsess over Downtown Abbey with!
I kind of wish I had one of these cheesecakes to eat right now, they were just so perfectly tiny and creamy. Reese’s peanut butter cups are my weakness too, and adding them on top of something already decadent and sweet makes the dessert totally better! I think you should make peanut butter cup cheesecakes for your roommate and if you don’t have a roommate make them for yourself, you deserve it!
One Year Ago – Chocolate Beet Cupcakes
Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecakes
Adapted from Inside Bru Crew Life
Yield – 24 mini cheesecakes
2 cups oreo crumbs (20 oreos)
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons Greek yogurt, plain & fat-free
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons flour
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon shortening
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 bags mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Preheat the oven to 350 ˚F and line 24 cupcake tins with paper liners.
- Crush the oreos into fine crumbs and mix with melted butter. Press 2 tablespoons of the crumb mixture into the bottom of each cupcake liner. Press firmly and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until well combined. Beat in the eggs, yogurt, and flour and mix to combine. Scrape the bowl as needed.
- Melt the chocolate chips and shortening the microwave in 20-second intervals stirring in between. Add the chocolate to the cream cheese mixture and again beat to combine.
- Add 3 tablespoons of mixture to each crust and bake for 22 minutes. Let set for 4 minutes before removing from the cupcake pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Beat together the cream cheese, peanut butter, and Cool Whip in the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment. Spread evenly on top of the cooled cheesecakes.
- Chop up the peanut butter cups and add to the top of the cheesecakes.
- Store in the fridge.