I was born in raised in Michigan, I love myself some Jiffy mixes! In fact, it’s one of the few mixes I’ll eat. There is just something about those fake little blueberries that reminds me of home and my mom baking muffins when we were out of milk for cereal. One of the mixes I love is the corn muffins, they make great pancakes! These pancakes are really similar to the corn muffin pancakes of my youth, but jazzed up a bit.
Sometimes you just need to eat breakfast for dinner. The morning comes way too soon and there are never enough hours in the day to start off with a nice hardy breakfast like pancakes. So when I’m in the mood for a big breakfast, I make it for dinner.
These pancakes are nice and tasty. The cornmeal has a little bit of grittiness and the lemon adds a nice flavor twist. When eaten with some bacon, strawberries, and a bellini, you have yourself a delicious meal!
- Lemon Cornmeal Pancakes
- Peach Bellinis
1 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons oil
1 lemon, zested
1/2 cup flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup cornmeal
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
stick of butter to grease the gridle
- Preheat a cast iron skillet and wipe down.
- Beat together the eggs with a whisk and then add in the buttermilk, zest, and oil. Mix well.
- Sift together the cornmeal, sugar, powder, soda, salt, and flour onto wax paper. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined.
- Grease down the skillet by rubbing the stick of butter on it.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter onto the skillet and cook until the top bubbles, flip and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Store in a warmed oven until serving.