My friend, Ms. Rossi, is pretty awesome! She teaches 4th grade at Clay Elementary School and she showed her students this blog. They said such nice things about my baking, so I wanted to send them a special treat! Here you go boys and girls, enjoy your s’more cookies, let me know what you think!
These cookies taste just like s’mores! They are gooey and chocolaty and the graham cracker bottom provides just the right crunch. I really like the crunch of the graham cracker on the bottom, it allows the cookie to be softer without compromising the functionality. Also, these s’more cookies are super easy to make. The recipe makes 40 large cookies, it’s definitely a keeper.
Adapted from Glorious Treats
Yield – 40 cookies
20 graham crackers broken into halves (40 pieces)
11 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup mini marshmallows + more for putting on top
10 fun-pack sized Hershey’s broken into 4 pieces each
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and cover two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Spread out the halves of graham crackers and bake for 5 minutes. Let cool while you prepare the dough.
- Beat together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs one at a time and then beat in the vanilla.
- Add the flour, soda, and salt to the mix and beat until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and 1 cup of marshmallows. I had to use my hands to mix everything together.
- Use a medium sized cookie scooper to scoop the dough on top of each square of dough. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Add one piece of a Hershey’s bar and two mini marshmallows per cookie. Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes on the pan and then use a metal spatula to separate squares and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.