I made this recipe almost a month ago for our Super Bowl party, but I forgot to take pictures due to the Blood Orange Margaritas. This was a recipe was also chosen for the New Foods list. These little dates are so good, it was not difficult to want to make them again! A lazy Saturday is the perfect time to enjoy some delicious dates! They are so good!!!! Like really, really good! If you are having a cocktail party or you want to make a fancy appetizer, please make these, you will not be disappointed!
One note about dates – all by themselves, these little guys are so delicious! I didn’t even know if I would like them, but I do! They are sweet and chewy, almost like candy, but they are not candy, dates are a fruit!
Bacon Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Blue Cheese with balsamic-honey sauce
Yield – 24 pieces
Adapted from Simply Scratch
8 slices of bacon
24 dates, pitted and split open
4 ounces blue cheese, I used gorganzola
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
pinch of Kosher salt
2 grinds of black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Split open all the dates, I used kitchen scissors to cut open one side.
- Stuff each date with some blue cheese crumbles.
- Cut each strip of bacon into thirds so you have 24 pieces.
- Wrap each date stuffed with cheese in a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Place the dates on a wire rack (I used the rack from the toaster oven) over a foil lined baking sheet. This is all for easy clean up.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes or until the bacon is crispy.
- Drizzle with the balsamic-honey sauce